Friday, October 14, 2011

Clean and Organized House

When it comes to some things, I am an organized person. However, when it comes to housework that is not always the case. Having 3 kids only complicates things. As people with kids know..sometimes they can be messy.

I really want my house to be cleaner and more organized than it is. I came across an e book and decided to give it a try. Why don't some of you who think you could use a little more organization join me? Feel free to comment below or blog along on your own blog. It could be fun!!!!

It is called 31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way . It is written by Sarah Mae. It seems like a good book and I just thought I would keep track of my progress via my blog (at least to an extent). Basically the premise of the book is to give you 2 challenges per day. The Mary Challenge gives you something to do to encourage yourself. The Martha Challenge is a specific cleaning task. I won't be posting everything, because after all I did not write the book..but I will occasionally check in and state how things are going.




Today is Day 1 for me.

My Mary Challenge was to state why I want a clean house. Here is what I came up with:

"I want my husband and children to have a home they can be proud of. A home that provides a place of rest as well as a place of play. I also want to teach my children to value what God has given us and to take care of it, as well as each other." - My Mission Statement :)

The Martha Challenge is to come up with a list of supplies I will need to begin my journey based on the challenges in the book.

One of my goals is to continue to become more "green". One way to do this would be to use less chemicals and more natural ingredients. Thanks to www.pinterest.com, I have found several recipes for all natural cleaning ingredients. I will also include a list of things can repurpose and use for cleaning.


Things I already have on hand:

Dryer sheets (use to help dust the house)

lemons (cut up and put in a bowl use to loosen grime in the microwave - tip I read several places on the internet and in the book)

Old Tshirts, old wipes container and lavendar soap to make homemade wipes with.

Baking Soda

Vinegar

Bleach

Hydrogen Peroxide






Things I need to purchase:

4 Sprayer bottles for various cleaning solutions or these cleaning solutions

- Castile Soap
- Lavendar oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Washing Soda

Borax

Rubbing Alcohol


Oh and to get the kids in on the cleaning (with the green cleaning supplies that are nontoxic of course) I will do something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment