Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cake making..

S's birthday is coming up and she wants me to make her a Paris Poodle cake. I decided I would practice before I made the actual cake. I am going to post pictures of my first attempt..it is not perfect, but it is better than I thought I would do on the first try. I did not try to go all out with a lot of colors. I just kept this one simple. I used a butter-cream fondant that I made myself and a box cake mix. I mixed red and blue food coloring to make the fondant purple. (Next time I am actually going to use the food coloring color I need, instead of mixing colors.)

Here is the fondant recipe (it is very sweet) - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/rolled-buttercream-fondant/Detail.aspx

I used 2 different sized heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out the heart shapes from the fondant.

I used Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate cake mix. (This is seriously one of the best cake mixes I have ever used!) I made 2 eight inch cakes and stacked them, putting Duncan Hines butter-cream icing in the middle of the cakes.

Here are the pictures:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment